UCL TRO Seminars: Computational Technology & AI in Drug Repurposing
Our friends at UCL’s Translational research Office are launching a new seminar series that will address some of the technological and commercial/ regulatory challenges in the drug repurposing space. The seminars will kick off with a session on how to leverage the power of computational technology and Artificial intelligence to find new therapeutic opportunities and with a great lineup of speakers from the Medicines Discovery Catapult, Healx and Biovista.
The launch event, scheduled for July, 8th (3-5pm) will feature the following agenda:
- 15:00 – 15:05 Welcome and Introduction of the TINs (Asha Recino – Coordinator of the Repurposing Therapeutic Innovation Networks)
- 15:05 – 15:10 Opening Remarks (Oscar Della Pasqua – Chair of the Repurposing Therapeutic Innovation Network)
- 15:15 – 15:30 Data Driven Approaches to Identify Drug Candidates (Gemma Holliday – MDC)
- 15:30 – 15:45 A Combined In-Silico Drug Repurposing Study (Anna Pallo – MDC)
- 15:45 – 16:00 Machine Learning/AI Solutions Developed at the MDC for Repurposing and Cheminformatics (Kepa Burusco-Goni – MDC)
- 16:05 – 16:20 AI-powered Approaches that Healx uses to Identify New Therapeutic Uses for Known Drugs (Saatviga Sudhahar – Healx)
- 16:20 – 16:35 Not all AIs are Created Equal: Using the Right Tool for the Job to Increase the Value of Drugs Through Unexpected Uses (Aris Persidis – Biovista)
- 16:40 – 17:00 Questions from the Audience and Panel Discussion
Driven by the Therapeutic Innovation Networks (TINs), these seminars are aimed at basic and translational researchers at all career stages currently involved/or planning to work in the Drug Repurposing space.